Kristin Frasier <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 May 2003 16:39:18 -0400
I was wondering if someone might be able to help me.   Recently a few of our
users have been experiencing this problem.

After subscribing to a LISTSERV list, our users receive an e-mail
confirmation.
The content of the email message contains a link whose Destination is
http://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?LCMD=ADD+HD-TESTING+kfrasier%40PRI
NCETON.EDU+Kristin+Frasier&L=HD-TESTING

Clicking on this link confirms subscription to an email list. However,
LISTSERV took the parameters literally, so the name ended up appearing as
Kristn+Frasier
and the email looks like
kfrasier%40PRINCETON.EDU
within the subscriber profile for the list. The users will then have to go
into the profile to restore the "+" to " " and the "%40" to "@"; e.g.

LISTSERV appears to have failed to decode the URL encoding that it performed
to create the confirmation URL

Has anyone seen this before?

Any advice is appreciated,
Thanks,