Shap Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:13:44 -0400
Is there a formatting directive to left-justify text?

All I can find in the manual (and archive search) is .ce to center and .fo
off to turn formatting off entirely.

.fo on often makes ugly messages, particularly in monospaced fonts, as it
inserts extra spaces between words to fully-justify the message.

What I'd like is a .le to let listserv assemble the lines into 76-column
pieces and write them out without adding any inter-word/sentence spacing.

Thanks, and apolgies in advance if this is something simple that I'm too
slow to find.

Shap Wolf
Arizona State University
AAPORNET listowner