"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 19:01:08 EST
On Thu, 7 Mar 1996 05:57:58 GMT Aldo Pier Solaris said:
> The scientific  fora  I  manage  (i.e.  [log in to unmask],
> with  a  membership  of  1600++  academics  from  47  countries  and
> [log in to unmask], a forum for knowledge  transfer  between
> children  and  marine  scientists) were two of the targets.  Thus, I
> have decided to halt all  new subscriptions from users at Netcom.com
> unless I am certain that the security hole has  been  fixed  up  and
> [log in to unmask]   (and  both  fora)  receive  an
> apology from the Security Manager from Netcom.com.

   ** Switching to attitude on purpose mode **

   Yes, that's  the ticket ...   let's cut  off all sites  with security
holes.  Let's  assume they knew about  the problem, knew how  to prevent
it, and refused to fix it.  Let's  assume that any site is secure (there
are NO 100% secure internet sites in the world, and won't ever be).

   Let's punish all readers on YOUR lists because you did this.

   I think it is you (Aldo Pier Solaris) who owes NETCOM an  apology for
your unilateral action without thinking.

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**        ListOwner: AIRLINE, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List        **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **