Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Jan 1993 14:49:18 EST
On Thu, 7 Jan 1993 11:01:54 -0500 you said:
>Isn't there an official policy on limiting the size of files sent by
>Bitnet?  I think I remember reading very recently that the limit was
>being changed from 100K to 300K--and that sites did not have to change
>immediately to 300K if it caused problems.

The CREN 'official' (honored more often in the breach) size limit just
increased (Jan 1) to one MByte.  It will soon increase to 3 MBytes.
Large hosts already consider T1 connections to be 'slow' ;-)  Planners
have already proposed a terabit (1000 gigabits) backbone for the first
decade of the next century.  I guess they're anticipating Microsoft's
Word 10 which (at the present rate of expansion) will require a gigabyte
of memory and 5 gigabytes of disk space ;-)

/s Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>