"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Jun 1992 21:20:51 CDT
> What does your institution do when wandering scholars - and librarians -
> show up, begging?

Our system has a certain number of guest accounts already set up and
waiting for wandering scholars to need them.  So far, I've found that
most other universities will also accommodate wanderers one way or
another -- through guest accounts if an account is necessary for accessing
telnet or through explanations of how to get to telnet directly if an
account isn't necessary.  One notable exception is, alas, the place I
visit most often.  There I have to do my e-mailing via CompuServe,
which is not my idea of staying in touch with the e-world since I can't
access the mail on my home system from CompuServe.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])