Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:51:01 -0400
Jane Lyle wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, maxdog wrote:
>
> > On our list we have had several people join recently using
> > spam free return addresses such as
> > [log in to unmask] The problem is there is no
> > email account by that name, there is of course a
> > [log in to unmask] who is subscribed to the list. I can
> > add the spam free address as a user and set it to nomail but
> > it will never get a renewal notice. I can deal with that too
> > (if I remember the manual correctly). But then if jsmith
> > leaves the list, their spam free address stays ... forever
> > if I don't catch it.
> >
> > How do ya'll (yep, I'm Southern) deal with this problem?
>
> We don't allow it.
>
> Jane

We have a oneway feed to a newsgroup. I understand why a
person would want to hide their email addresses on
newsgroups but I'm sure the bigger spammers have already
implimented software to dig through the addresses harvested
from newsgroups and to pull at least the most common
additions out of those addresses. It wouldn't be that hard
to filter out the real address from a spam free address with
software.

I have tried to get the spam freer's to use a hotmail
account instead for the list. I was hoping there might be a
better solution.
--
Walter Potter