Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 17:18:37 GMT
On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 07:31:57 -0500, Robert Ponterio
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  My guess is that adding Probe
>to the Renewal keyword changes what LISTSERV does at the Renewal
>interval (i.e. either Probe or Renewal confirmation), but I can't seem
>to find that information.

It's not there to find.  Another 'feature' not explained is that an
'active' list member (one who posts frequently) will not receive either a
probe or a renewal notice.  The presumption is if they are posting
regularly, their address is correct and doesn't need checking.
'Regularly' is not defined but presumably means more often than a probe
would occur.  The frequency of the probe is not talked about anywhere.

Hopefully this will be revised before the final release of ver 1.8c

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]