Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 11:30:22 -0500
The phone conversation I had yesterday indicates that david
[log in to unmask] has been subscribed to a LARGE number of lists
(possibly by a student--he's vice principal at a secondary school).  Mr
Balconi is not an email user (why mail directed to the mailbox bounces),
but the thousands of arriving email messages are causing a problem (imagine
that!).

Part of their difficulty, is that (as I reported a couple of days ago),
their mail system has been returning undelivered mail messages to list
subscribers rather than to list owners (an effort is being made to correct
that problem as well).

You might want to scan your list of subscribers for *@*eybe.edu.on.ca and
remove Mr. Balconi if he appears (you may also want to check whether any
other addresses you find in that domain are valid).  The besieged folks in
York will appreciate your help.

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]>      (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html