Bryan Fritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 07:44:27 +0000
Robert A. Earl writes:

> >Whats the chance of getting a Subject Tag placed in this lists
> >header so that we can tell which messages relate to lstown-l?  Any
> >interest out there?
>
> Please no!  I use the From:/To: lines to sort messages into folders,
> and the subject line to sort threads - putting the tag in destroys
> the threading!

    I have my list set up so that everyone gets the list name in the
    subject.  If anything, this makes it far easier to sort the messages, and
    they will still sort into threads with the list name there.  Instead of
    sorting by "Re: Subject-Tag", it will just sort by "Re: [LSTOWN-L]
    Subject-Tag"

    The advantage I find in this, is that I'm on 3 primary listservs, and I
    don't want to sort that mail into different folders, or I'll miss stuff.
     By having that type of Subj line, it makes my In Box sort into 3
    categories, so that I can read it by list if I want to.

  Bryan Fritchie - mailto:[log in to unmask]
  Razorbacks Webpage:
      http://www.Sooiee.com/
  God can do more in a moment, than
  you could ever do in a lifetime.