Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Jan 1993 16:02:26 EST
On Wed, 6 Jan 1993 23:25:21 -0500 Dan Wheeler said:
 (text deleted...)
> ...                                            I'm afraid that
>the same people who have trouble coping with this number of
>messages will also have trouble coping with digests that are a
>couple thousand lines long.

 I think the real problem in that case is that they people you're
 describing simply can't deal with the volume on the list, regardless
 of how many pieces each day's mail is broken into.  In short, I don't
 see this as a mail distribution problem.

>I'm not sure this is important.  We already offer a daily index
>service (thanks to Marty Hoag's efforts) for our subscribers with
>limited mail capacity.

 To me, this sounds like the best solution for those users.  That way
 they can simply retrieve the mail they are interested in reading
 without overwhelming their disk quotas or available time.

>                          Peace,  Dan
>
><<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
><<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>

 -jj