John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 08:16:13 -0600
The following SPAM was posted directly to the list, it looks like the list name
is on the distribution list. This is different than the SPAMS that filter
through from the newsgroups. This looks like some trash from the famous SPAM
house of Nancynet.com and their affiliated domains.

I did set up a Filters= Also, list on the list now to keep this person from
posting again. Is there anyway to use a wildcard, such as *@cyberpromo.com in
the Filter option on listserv?

In the meantime, hope you folks at L-Soft can find a way to keep this
particular SPAM from getting through again. Thanks for all the fine work you
folks do to keep the SPAM level at a minimum.

john chadwick

Date:         Thu, 7 Aug 1997 05:46:16 +0000
Sender:       Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:     Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
From:         [log in to unmask]
Subject:      Free Internet Access
To:           [log in to unmask]

Sender:       Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Poster:       [log in to unmask]

'Hello,

If you would be interested in learning how you can get FREE INTERNET
ACCESS and you know 10 other people who would also like to get Free
Internet Access, please reply to this message.  We are a new Internet
Provider that can give you more stable, reliable service, in the US or
Canada AND IT'S FREE, if you can enroll a few friends. In fact, you
may end up making thousands per month.

If you are interested in learning more, please reply to
[log in to unmask] and put the word 'info' in the subject field.

If you are not interested in better Internet Service, please disregard
this message.  If you want to be removed from our mailing list, send
the word 'Remove' in the subject field.

Thanks and have a nice day!