Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 09:30:07 -0500
On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Liz Marr quoted "Siberia" and asked:

> > I *love* that filter.  :)  It keeps those pesky misdirected admin
> > posts (most anyway) from showing up on the list.  To get around it
> > such as wanting to give LISTSERV instructions to your subscribers
> > you must simply type the double dash:   --
>
> Perhaps please a brief summery of how to install that filter?  Privately, if
> you'd like.

        I no longer have the original posting, but as I recall, "Siberia"
was referring to a filter that's already built in to the Listserv software.
It catches SOME messages that seem to be intended for LISTSERV rather than
for the list address (e.g., messages asking to subscribe or unsubscribe).
You don't have to add this filter, since it's already there.  Kim (aka
Siberia) was explaining how to get around that filter when necessary.

        Joan Korenman

*    Joan Korenman                [log in to unmask]                         *
*    U. of Md. Baltimore County                                             *
*    Baltimore, MD 21250          http://www.umbc.edu/wmst/                 *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *