Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:10:21 -0600
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:38:02 -0400, George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>OK folks, it turns out that it *is* possible for a subscriber message,
>properly addressed to the list instead of the listserv, to be routed
>to the listserv, there to be treated like a series of "unknown commands".
>I've duplicated the problem.
>
>I noticed that of all the lists I manage, this problem only occurs on
>lists that have an alias defined in the LIST-ID= header parm.  I also
>found that the problem cannot be duplicated from the listowner's address.
>What is happening in my case is that mail addressed to the LIST-ID
>address is being routed to the listserv instead.  This doesn't happen to
>mail addressed to the full list name.
>
>I've contacted our listserv administrator about this, but this doesn't
>seem to be a very well known, or well documented ...feature.
>
>It is a "feature", right?

Off hand I would be more inclined to suspect a mail routing problem, but if
you could offer the exact, specific details (e.g. list headers, addresses
used, complete headers of mail messages (msg body is not usually important),
etc) of your situation we can try to investigate the problem.