Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:34:47 -0800
>Is there anyway to send two commands to LISTSERV by email so that
>the second command isn't processed until the first one completes?
>I've tried to send them separated by time (15 mins) but
>occasionally the second one is processed before the first one.
>
>What I'm trying to do is collect daily statistics on my lists - I
>automatically send a STATS command ever night and then 15 minutes
>later a 'STATS listname (RESET' is sent.

Why not just send both commands in the same email?  That way they will be
processed in order.  I routinely send 10 or more screens of commands in one
email, and they always seem to be processed in order.

Sherry Beauchamp

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily