Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 00:17:03 EST
On Mon, 5 Feb 1996 23:33:17 -0500 Geff Thorpe said:
>...what does it mean, "Message expired before it could be delivered to
>USA1.COM?"

It's LSMTP's equivalent of a "Unable to deliver message for 3 days." message.

It means that LSMTP has a message(s) to deliver to USA1.COM.  Every once in a
while it tries to deliver it, but can't, for example, because USA1.COM is down
or is otherwise not accepting the message.  So after a while, by default 3 days
with LSMTP, it gives up trying and returns the message.

I agree, I think it's a dumb way to phrase the message.

--
Bill
City University of New York