Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Jan 1993 12:36:37 +0100
On    Thu,    14    Jan     1993    22:07:41    -0600    Phil    Endacott
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>NAD  privileges are  pretty broad-  - guess  a NAD  in California  could
>change the options for a subscriber on  my lists on UKANVM in Kansas for
>a subscriber in Florida if he/she wanted to. Neat, Huh!! . . . Phil---

Eh? A NAD can only affect the options  of users of one of the machines he
is authorized for (usually a load of machines on the same campus, or then
just one). It  is very unlikely that someone  in CA would be a  NAD for a
machine in FL, unless  by that you meant he is logged  on via TELNET from
CA? Anyway  you are informed because  neither you nor the  user initiated
the change - in case the user asks you what happened.

  Eric