Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:42:33 GMT
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 11:49:35 -0500, John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>While doing some troubleshooting, I recently unsubscribed to two lists I had
>subscribed to under 1.8b.  Then I resubscribed under 1.8c (which is what's
>now running).

I presume you did the UNSUB/SUB for other reasons than because the
version# changed?  It is not necessary to re-sub everytime LISTSERV(R)
changes versions.

>But, I now find that my digests are screwed-up -- there are no longer the
>half-screen dash lines between messages, and the postings in digests are all
>run together without any space between them.

Send the command:   SET listname NOMIME
This will turn off the MIME capability of the Digest processor.

MIME is a standard for 'attaching' files (usually word proc RTF,
graphics, spreadsheet, or picture files) to standard email messages.  The
binary content is encoded so it can be transmitted as mail, and decoded
again (automatically) by the receiver.  MIME attachements require special
handing when put into a Digest, which changes the format of the digest to
meet the relevant RFC specs.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]