"Eng-Leong \"Jacky\" Foo" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 05:37:43 +0900
Hi evryone
what do you think of this and how is this done ?
Is it possible to get a "confirmation" for a message before it is allowed
to be distributed by a list ?

----------#1 I got this message

From:   Gareth Klose[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Friday, October 25, 1996 4:35

Hello Jacky

I am Gareth Klose, and recently my school and now my email address have
been subscribed to a large number of mailing list, which we believe has
been done deliberately.

I was [log in to unmask] and I am now
[log in to unmask]  I am hoping that if the mail bounces the
lists will "go away".

I was hoping that your site kept an archive of subscribe messages, if it
does, could you track down the one claiming to be from
[log in to unmask], as the headers may allow me to locate the
source of this abuse.

The list that I have been subscribed to is:-
        ET-VENUS

I am sorry to bother you, but this is causing a great deal of concern to
me, and may render my connection useless.

Thanks in advance and I hope that you can help.

Gareth Klose - [log in to unmask]

---------#2 after I reponded I get this message

An error was detected while processing the enclosed message.  A list of
the affected recipient follows.   This list is in a special format that
allows software like LISTSERV to automatically take action on incorrect
addresses; you can safely ignore the numeric codes.

--> Error description:
Error-for:  [log in to unmask]
Error-Code: 3
Error-Text: Domain "jemadar.demon.co.uk" doesn't exist.

Error-End:  One error reported.