Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 10:03:03 EDT
On Thu, 29 Jun 1995 19:01:41 EST Maureen Leblanc said:
>I've started a folder to document things. They're telling me in email
>that a *competitor* will start a new list.
>
>I still don't understand that - I honestly thought there could only be
>one gateway from a newsgroup at a time. Do I have that wrong?

Maureen
  I am not an expert on gatewaying a list to a newsgroup, but
I believe that while there is a one-to-one relationship between
an email distribution list and its gatewayed usenet group,
e.g., the list HWY61-L and its usenet group: BIT.LISTSERV.HWY61-L
that doesn't mean that someone can't start either a new list (with
or without a gateway to a usenet group) or a new independent usenet
group, as long as they give the list/group a name that is different
from the one you use, e.g. RTE61-L for a list and perhaps
REC. ... RTE61   for an independent usenet group.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of [log in to unmask]
  Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Bitnet:   ulcjh@ubvm