Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:18:18 -0700
On Tue, 6 Jan 1998 00:31:00 -0500, Mark Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I *thought* that by using "Private" with the Send and Notebooks that I
>would be able to limit access to those specified by "Private" (the people
>on the list itself). However, it appears that anyone can get at this list.
>It *does* ask for a LISTSERV password, which anyone can get via e-mail, but
>then it allows people right in regardless of whether they are on the list
>or not.

Please tell us (write privately to [log in to unmask] if you don't wish to make
it public) exactly what commands you issue, from what userIDs. on what
lists/sites.  We have received another similar query but so far we can't
reproduce the error.  (An owner unsubbed themself from the list and then tried
to access the list.  This is not an error, because LISTSERV assumes the Owner
should be allowed access to their list, whether subscribed or not.)

>What I really want to do is something like:
>
>* Send= Private,(MASTER-LIST)

This would be valid syntax and is currently permissible.

>* Notebook= Yes,C:\LISTS\MBR,Monthly,Private,(MASTER-LIST)

This is not valid syntax.  Only a single kind of access-class is allowed.
Either Private or (MASTER-LIST) would be possible, but not both.

 Ben Parker ..... L-Soft international Inc. ..... [log in to unmask]