Conor McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:49:10 +0000
On 13 Mar 01, at 0:13, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> On 12 Mar 01, Yoseph Tesfay wrote:
>
> >    1.  Is anybody reporting problems with aol. I am getting some messages but
> > not others. Listserve is fine, aol said the problem is not from them. I don't
> > know where to start troubleshooting.
>
> I have a member on AOL who says she got about 20 messages between Friday
> night and Monday morning, but about 100 were posted.  She is the only
> one
> who has complained, but of course others may not know what they are
> missing.

I'm experiencing the same problem here, have no explanation to offer
the affected users, nor know where to start looking for a possible fix at
this end.  Is the problem most likely attributable to AOL, despite what
they say?

I'm also getting the repost of old messages as mentioned here by others.
Can someone provide clarification - is the fix for this to delete all
RoadRunner (rr.com) subscriber addresses? just those in affected areas
(in which case could those be defined in terms of their actual address -
Austin is obvious, but should I delete a san.rr.com address)? or leave
them alone altogether, assuming that the reloading of the mail backups
there is complete and consequently the impact is now behind us?  If I
should delete the rr.com subscribers, is resubscribing them immediately
okay to do?

Apologies if it's felt that this was already explained, but, put simply,
despite closely reading through the posts twice on this topic, I remain
unclear about it.  I would greatly appreciate some clear advice about
damage control in this respect.

Many thanks in advance,

Conor