Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:13:28 -0500
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Chris Mead wrote:
> Following that anything sent to owner-listname is an error message, and
> errors are sent to 'Owner=' via 'Errors-To=Owner', there really isn't a way
> to avoid receiving all these bounce messages outside of not specifiing an
> 'errors-to=' path, correct?

I'm not sure I quite follow what you are saying.  If you set
Errors-to= [log in to unmask]  then you will receive all of the
"owner-listname" items at that address, rather than at the "Owner" address,
if that is different.  owner-listname items have to go somewhere, and will,
doesn't matter whether it is the default of Errors-to= Owner or some
address you specify.  You could put in a bogus address for Errors-to=, I
suppose, but I think that would result in an error message for and error
message for each item, sent to the list's host site administrator, whom I
doubt would be amused.

If you're the listowner, you deal with owner-listname items, unless you
can con someone else into doing it.  Comes with
the position, you know.  I suppose you could get a freebie email account
somewhere just for the Errors=to: items, and delete everything every day
without looking at any of it, but, well...

Douglas  Winship     [log in to unmask]