Michelle Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:18:08 -0500
Hello,
I'm a relatively new manager of  a discussion list and was hoping I
could get some assistance with two problems.  The list I maintain is
handled/owned by Univeristy of Nebraska but I maintain the list, help
subscribers with basic trouble shooting issues but nothing too
technical.  The first problem arose one morning when the techs at UNL
decided to upgrade the list to version 1.8e.  Every single (796
subscribers) were set back to the default, non-digest version of the
list.  I received literally hundreds of e-mails from angry people
begging me to either delete them from the list or re-set their settings.
 Can anyone tell me what happened there?

My next problem is a major annoyance on my part.  My e-mail account is
literally flooded now with error reports from seemingly every mail
server imaginable.  Here's what one looks like:

The enclosed message has been identified as a delivery error for the
PSYLAW-L list because it was sent to [log in to unmask]

these e-mails are subsequently followed by the person's e-mail address
and a bunch of non-sense, and then what looks like actual postings to
the list.  It looks like the listserv is sending me every single error
report when a posting doesn't or cannot reach a specific user.

Can anyone help?
Michelle