Louise Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 15:35:45 -0700
Thanks very much for all replies- appreciated.

I will do .QQ in the MAILTPL file

>Most seasoned Listowners find it always best to be upfront with the
>subscribers. If they have violated policy they should know it so they don't
>do it AGAIN.

Definitely.  I'm *solely* speaking about situations where a subscriber has *not yet* done anything, however.   Using review as a *preventative*, or monitoring measure beforehand, when one can see things heating up on list, or even if there has been some sort of private exchange between a list owner
& sub. where one can sense that the member is unhappy & might retaliate on list.

It goes without saying that if they violate policy their post is held, and they are contacted by me.     If it turns out they do not contribute negatively to the situation at hand, their post is approved & they are removed from review, never having known they were being moderated.     This way I
will have been able to keep the list peaceful, and no one has become upset by their knowledge of having been placed on review for a "potential",  for something they have not done.

All the best,

Louise