Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 May 1998 09:45:02 -0400
At 09:12 5/14/98 EDT, Nathan Brindle said:
|>Thank you for your answer and information.
|>One last question, if I may:
|>Does LISTSERV 1.8C for NT have the ability to get data from a web page >?
|
|It has a web archive interface but I don't know if that is what you mean.
|
|>Can I subscribe from a web page to a LISTSERV machine ? (after all the
|>configuration has been made)
|
|Not in 1.8c.  That feature will be available in 1.8d when it is released.
|(There are other 3rd party scripts that may do what you need however.)

And hopefully those third-party scripts, LISTSERV(R) or the list in
question will provide some sort of authentication, perhaps through a
magic-cookie.  (I DO know about 1.8d's WWW forms and LISTSERV(R)
recogniztion of email submissions through compliant 3rd-party WEB forms
(thanks L-Soft!).)

I'm already in touch with one major computer vendor about their WEB-based
form to subscribe (not LISTSERV(R) based) to their announcements.  Of
course this allows for MAILicious [sic] third-party actions.
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA