Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:47:03 EDT
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:06:14 -0400 Erik McCormick said:
>I don't know about listproc, but because Majordomo stores its lists in a
>flat text file it should be as simple as bulk loading the file right into
>LIstserv using the wa.exe or whatever method floats your boat at the moment.

I think you will find that this will not work well with the search engine
due to extraneous headers in the file.  I haven't seen a majordomo archive
file in a long time so I can't say for sure.

For listproc you might look at the unsupported utility

 ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/contrib/notebook-conv.pl

If anyone has a working majordomo->LISTSERV conversion utility I would
be happy to serve it from this directory.  Please write me privately in
that event.  Note that you must agree to support your own work :) as
L-Soft does not support user-contributed utilities.

Nathan