John Cunniff <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:00:17 -0400
Hello, everybody!

This morning, I received an error report for this subscriber who was
deleted with this error below:

Last error was: 5.0.0 X-WebTV_Postfix+sws; host

                  storefull-3351.bay.webtv.net[209.240.207.221] said: 554-The

                  incoming mailbox for user xxxxxxxxxxx is full. 554 This

                  person is not able to receive more mail at the present time.

This subscriber was deleted without my warning or knowledge until this
morning as a subscriber uses WebTV service. The list that he was on is a
heavy volume mailing list (about 20-30 posts per day). Then, when I came
home from being out for a friend's visit, I got an e-mail from that
subscriber, he got an e-mail from LISTSERV stated that he had been
removed from the list. He wrote to [log in to unmask] and
reported his complaints to me. He yelled at me to please do not remove
him. I had to apologize to him for that, but I explained to him that the
LISTSERV received many errors of his "mailbox is full" message and the
LISTSERV had to delete him. I tested my e-mail by a private e-mail. No
bounces which was good. I responded him no problem also.

I remembered a couple of months ago, I got the same problem as shown
above (Last error: part) and I asked him if he could fix that. But he
said that nothing that he could do about that. He is complaining at his
service provider which is WebTV.

I wonder is there something I can to exempt him from being deleted from
being deleted like if LISTSERV gets many errors should be ignored and
kept him stay as a subscriber which the problem is not the LISTSERV's
but is a problem on the ISP's end unlike 2 months ago, I received
"mailbox full" from a female subscriber but I had to ignore because a
female subscriber's computer was broken. I had to let a female
subscriber go and she would re-subscribe after she gets a new computer
which I do not know how long it would take a female subscriber to return
to a cyberspace. That is a different situation. What I am talking about
a male subscriber that I described above (WebTV) would NOT be allowed to
be deleted after numbers of errors found by LISTSERV?

Thank you.

John :)