Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jun 1992 12:54:54 +0200
On Mon, 22 Jun 1992 09:04:35 CET "Janusz S. Bie/n" <JSBIEN@PLEARN> said:

>I don't  see what kind of  legal danger you  have in mind. I  think also
>that there is a difference between updating the mailform of the list one
>owns and obtaining the logon password of LISTSERV.

Listen, I have been warning people  on this list that allowing someone to
update  mailforms  automatically  is  a security  exposure  of  the  same
magnitude as giving that person the  logon password of LISTSERV because I
*know* it to be true, not because I *think* it is the same thing. You are
free to think that this is not true and to believe that the earth is flat
to your heart's content, but please  don't confuse the readership of this
list with misinformation.

  Eric