Elizabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:28:48 -0500
It has just come to my attention that someone is lifting posts from my list,
without permission, and posting them to a webpage.  Here's the address:
http://www.gardenerscorner.org/current%20discussion.htm

My list, Gardening and Gardens, is closed to subscribers only (who are
supposed to use their real names when they join) and the archives are also
private.

I have several questions, one being, is this legal?  I thought, especially
on a closed list, that each poster owns the copyright to his/her words.

Also, how can I try to find out who is the member doing it, so I can delete
them from the list?  Naturally, so far no one has owned up to it.  On the
gardenerscorner website, I did find a contact address at
http://www.gardenerscorner.org/about.htm.  The address is quantz.com.  I
just checked, and I do have two members who subscribed with a quantz
address, both on April 24 2006, and the website says "initial site
development" was May 23, 2006.

Elizabeth Trotter

Gardens Listowner

 <http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Gardening>