Linda Busdiecker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:33:58 -0400
Our e-mail system often multiple addresses associated with each e-mail
account:

For example, my e-mail address is [log in to unmask] (this is
my primary address), but another address that works for the same account is

When I sign up for a list as [log in to unmask], I get three messages
back:

        One has a subject "You are now subscribed to the EXAMPLE list",
which
        was sent to [log in to unmask]

        The second has a subject "Message ("You have been added to the
EXAMPLE list.")",
        which was sent to [log in to unmask]

        The third has the subject "Re: Command confirmation request
(691E7004)",
        which was sent to [log in to unmask]

If I had instead signed up as [log in to unmask], I would
have only gotten 2 messages back.  The second message would have been
included in what is the third message in the prior paragraph.

Is there a way to have these messages combined?  (One of my customers is
very unhappy with the number of messages LISTSERV generates).

Also, is there a way for signoff's to be confirmed as subscriptions can be
so that I could create a form for them to use to specify the same e-mail
address they used to sign up and then make sure it was the right e-mail
address with the confirmation?

TIA,
Linda