Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 14:12:46 -0500
On 11/25/97 4:07 AM, Pauline M. Marshall <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Ben Parker wrote:

>> >Is there any way for listowners to turn off this "feature"? My lists rely
>> >on a certain level of openness as part of their cultures.
>>
>> What do you want to 'turn off'  You either use names (Fn+Ln) or your use
>> '*' (which matches any name/names) or you use 'anonymous'.
>
>I didn't write this, but I think what was ment was (or at least this is
>how I took it), Is there a way that listowners can turn of the ability to
>subscribe with 'anonymous' and HAVE to subscribe with a name?

Which drives me nuts, because it doesn't matter. The Internet, by its
very nature, is anonymous. Unless you want to restrict subscriptions to
By Owner and require that people send you some kind of proof of identity,
there's no reason why I couldn't subscribe to a list as "John Doe."

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;