Barry Wolman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 17:20:10 -0500
I'm co-owner for a a high volume list (sometimes more than 100 messages
per day).  We've lost some subscribers who would like to stay subscribed,
but just can't handle the volume of mail, either individually or via a
daily digest.  Our archives are availble via WWW, so that's one way
non-subscribers can read selected postings.  Another option would be for
them to follow the list via a pseudo-news group.

I've seen a few messages recently about making mail from a list appear at
a subscriber's Internet site as a pseudo-news group.  I'd appreciate some
details on what has to be done at the user's Internet service provider and
what, if anything, has to be done by the list owner.   Ideally, all mail
would appear in the pseudo-news group where the user's threaded news
reader would organize messages by thread.  When the user composed a
reply, it should be sent to the list (non-subscribers can send email now,
so this wouldn't allow anything not allowed now).

Barry Wolman
Pittsburgh, PA