Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Sep 1992 14:57:34 +0200
On Mon, 14 Sep 1992 08:28:42 EDT Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Internet services such as FTP and  TALK are available tell fill this gap
>and our MAIL software can dispatch files via Internet.

FTP is great if  you are looking for an excuse to  twiddle your thumbs 15
minutes at work while reading the  paper. TALK only works with one person
at a time and is very slow,  plus your correspondent gets to see all your
typos. Have you ever tried sending a MODULE file via mail?

>True,  other Listserv  postmasters  could host  Temple's  lists if  they
>wanted to. This would  be fine with me and my  Help-Net list, however, a
>lot of  folks tend to  have the perception  that they have  more control
>over their stuff when its on the same computer they use.

You have no  control over a public usenet newsgroup,  no matter where the
newsgroup control message that created it originates from. Not to mention
the time it takes to get one approved.

  Eric