"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Sep 1992 15:33:56 CDT
> That is  why students, language  teachers, librarians et al  generally do
> not get  their own  workstation, but  a terminal  or a  PC. While  FTP is
> running, the terminal is not available for other use - students who would

Huh?  I'm an English teacher with an ordinary PC.  But now that most of us
are being connected to the campus net, we can have multiple logins.  I just
hit alt-a to open another session.  As I said earlier, though, it has never
entered my mind to do that while ftp'ing since ftp'ing usually takes no more
than a few seconds.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])