Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 07:29:01 +0200
On Sun, 23 Apr 1995 22:49:56 -0500 Winship <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Yes.  The various mail options,
>
>MAIL      send messages individually
>DIGEST    send the digest of messages as scheduled in the header
>INDEX     send a list of messages so I can pick the ones I want
>NOMAIL    send nothing
>
>are mutually exclusive.  To cancel the previous setting just send in a
>new one.

Note that in 1.8b this will change as this was confusing too many people.
MAIL/NOMAIL will become a separate option from DIGEST/INDEX. The official
new option for negating DIGEST/INDEX will be NODIGEST/NOINDEX (this might
even work with 1.8a, I remember adding  it at some point "just in case").
The  sequence SET  NOMAIL  +  SET MAIL  will  always  leave your  options
unchanged. For compatibility,  SET MAIL when you're not NOMAIL  will do a
SET NODIGEST. This is as of the -6 beta.

  Eric