Shaun Brazier <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:22:05 -0000
Hi Everyone,

Over the last 6 months or so, we seem to be experiencing more and more
problems of mail being failed to be delivered to LISTSERV.

The user clearly enters the mailing address correctly and the person who has
been CC'd in on the mail receives it with no problems.  Yet it actually
never gets to Listserv.

I have done the following in my investigations.:

1) After looking at the List Archive it is obvious that the message has not
got to LISTSERV.
2) I have analysed the Log Files and there are no messages corresponding to
the messages that have been sent. (Also no errors)
3) Further more I have checked the our Virus Scanner server to see if any of
the messages had got held up here. However this is not the case.

4) I have checked the Listserv spool directory to see if the messages had
got "stuck" here. (.JOB or JOBH files) However there are no messages that
match the e-mails sent.
5) Doesn't seem to be a problem with the person e-mail account as both can
send mail to other lists with no problem and to other people who have been
copied in on the mail.   This denotes that it is not a problem with the
persons local e-mail systems.
7) There also does not seem to be a problem with the List in general as a
number of e-mail messages were successfully sent to the list yesterday and
have continued to do so today.
Has anyone experienced similar problems to me? How did you overcome it?
Does anyone know what could be causing this?
I would welcome and appreciate any comments you may have over this issue.
This has certainly left me scratching my head with confusion.
Is there anything else I can do?!
Thanks to you all.
Have a good afternoon.
Best Wishes,