Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:17:54 -0600
I've a subscriber who can't get her Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
configured so that her original messages are not attachments; she can't
send commands to LISTSERV.

When she first wrote to me her Content-type: was multipart/alternative.
I told her to change that to text/plain.  She made some changes and changed
her original messages to:
which didn't help at all.

However, when she uses "reply" her items *are* text/plain (I told her to
fudge, for now, and do it that way, and of course it works).

So, could someone explain, in detail, step by step, what she needs to do
to:
make her original/new items   text/plain ; no attachments
retain  text/plain  for her replies
ensure her forwards (I've no idea how that is set, haven't seen 'em) are
   text/plain .

Also, does anyone know of good site which will explain just these things,
plus getting rid of HTML attachments, for various systems ?  There used to
be a geocities site, but the last few times I tried it (couple of years
ago) it no longer existed.

Douglas Winship   [log in to unmask]