Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 05:35:16 +0200
On Sat, 19 Oct 1996 23:33:35 -0700 Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Do  you  need to  have  AUTO-DELETE=  YES for  the  PROBE  option to  be
>available? The manual as quoted by  Mr Parker was not definitive on this
>particular point, although it SUGGESTS the answer is no.

Well, in theory no, but in practice yes. The probes will generate bounces
which are meant  to be processed automatically so that  the same leniency
rules apply.  The probe  feature basically provides  you with  a constant
stream of  properly formatted bounces  from addresses that were  found to
have a problem, and you then tell LISTSERV how to handle them. This being
said, I can't think of any reason why you couldn't process them manually.
They say "Probe failed" and are easy to identify.

  Eric