Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:42:08 -0500
On 30 Mar 2004, at 11:58, Ruth Poochigian wrote:

>I'm the listowner for 4 lists and somehow I've been blocked from
>everything...lstown-l as well as my own 4 lists.
>
>Any ideas?  You may need to reply to me personally rather than replying from
>the list.  Since I'm not getting ANYthing!

Ruths accounts on Maelstrom look OK to me and I've commented to her
directly.  However... many of our owners have seen the effects of what
appears to have been a transient blacklisting by spamcop so I'm
wondering if, in addition to the possibility she might have inadvertantly
blocked herself at the AOL end, AOL uses spamcop.

And, while on the subject, is anyone else getting fed up with bogus
problems brought on by SpamCop?  The individuals there are certainly
cooperative and competent, but I'm beginning to think there's something
fundamentally wrong about their procedures that lead to so many errors
and misunderstandings.  In Maelstrom's case we have no real control over
our owners and a very tiny percentage have accidentally (or out of
ignorance despite repeated warnings) reported us for spam sent via the
*-request mechanism, and spamcop has been very understanding.  None the
less, I've spent too much time tracking down weird stuff (Curly gets a
virus that sends itself to Listserv with a forged "from" from Moe who
gets the rejection and promptly reports Maelstrom as a spammer) which
I'm somehow obligated to explain to the net-cops.  Apparently none of
this caused us to get blocked, while yesterdays block happened with no
warning and no explanation either before or after the fact.

                                                        -Kary