Mon, 6 Nov 2000 20:41:56 -0600
On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Liz Marr wrote:
> Has this worked for the list messages?  I have several AOL 6 users on one
> of my lists, and since I don't have the program, I haven't a CLUE how to
> tell them to turn it off.  The new MSN Express has the same problem - and
> absolutely no way to turn it off.

If you mean does the list header keyword  Langauage= NOHTML work
it most certainly does, long as it as sent as an attachment. That of corse
does not apply to private email.  Way that works is it just strips out
the HTML junk so no one, (including the sender, unfortunately) knows it
was sent that way.

I finally got tired of fighting the HTML on the list battle, used to
expalain to people what they were doing, why they shouldn't, and how
to fix it with their system.  Got tired of it, and these days maybe there
is nothing they *can* do about it.

Put in the LANGUAGE= NOTHTML for the lists.

If they want to be oblivious in private email ain't my problem, I'm tired
of explaining it; LANGUAGE= NOHTML handles it pretty well for list
posting.   Douglas