George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:06:38 -0400
To the gurus at LSoft (or any guru who can answer definitively):

One of my subscribers is complaining that the mail he sends to the
list isn't being handled properly *by Listserv*.  He sent me a copy
of the reply he got from his attempt to send a message to the list.
It consists of the usual "Unknown command" messages we have come to
expect whenever someone sends mail intended for the list to the
Listserv instead.

My question:  Is there any *other* reason a subscriber would get such
a response?  Specifically it has been suggested that something in
his mail header might cause this, such as a FROM address that differs
slightly from the addresses Listserv knows him by.

I have had several subscribers cite this problem recently.  When I told
them what it looked like, they insisted they were sending to the right
address.  However, as soon as they CC'd me on their next message (as I
requested, so I could confirm), things generally start working again.

Is this problem always as simple as it looks?  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

George Buckner
Owner, Psyche-*, ASSC-*