"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 May 1997 08:31:05 -0400
On 22 May 97 at 1:55, C wrote:

> Ach!  Race relations are being discussed on the Kentucky list and
> the flames are flying.  Is there some way I can hold the list and insert
> a little note calling for calm and reason  into the head of the queue?
>
> Or is this a ridiculous and impossible idea?

   One thing you could do Trista is send:

      SET listname NOPOST FOR *@*
      SET listname POST FOR [log in to unmask]

   This will, in effect, silence all your listmembers first
(including yourself) and the second line makes you the only one
who can post.  You can then send your message, explain wht you
don't like and include any necessary hand slaps or other
punishments as you deem necessary.  Then you can simply restore
your list with:

      SET listname POST FOR *@*

   It is the quickest and easiest way I know to do what you
want.

   As an aside, if certain subscribers are the troublemakers and
there are only a few -- you could set those subscribers to
REVIEW and verify their posts before they get to the list.

   Hope this helps.

Larry

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.