Elliott Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 May 1992 11:15:59 EDT
On Fri, 29 May 1992 21:54:00 EDT Joan Korenman said:
>	Earlier today, Mauri Collins wrote:
>
>> I have had two enquiries from members of my lists asking how to
>> set up a list...I have NO idea...but figured that there must be a
>> set of instructions out there somewhere...
>>
>> could someone direct me, please, to a source for this info?
>
>     There's a rather good file available from the ARACHNET filelist
>(LISTSERV@UOTTAWA) entitled LISTS START-UP that really deals with exactly
>the question you've asked.  To get it, send a message to LISTSERV@UOTTAWA
>that says simply:
>
>     GET LISTS START-UP
>
>     Another file that may also prove useful and is available from the
>same LISTSERV is called BASIC HELP.  You could include a second line in
>the same mail message that says GET BASIC HELP.

    After reading Kovacs' start-up list (at least I think that is
the same file as "How to start and manage . . . a listserv,") another
good source is LISTSERV TIPS from [log in to unmask]  This is mainly
of interest after the decision is made to start a list.  And by that
time, they should also be reading the documentation that comes with
the listserv package.

Elliott Parker                 BITNET: 3ZLUFUR@CMUVM
Journalism Dept.               Internet: [log in to unmask]
Central Michigan University    Compuserve: 70701,520
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859 USA     The WELL: [log in to unmask]