Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:25:34 -0600
On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 13:51:20 -0700, "Stephen C. Nill"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>        A colleague has suggested, off list, that I add the keyword
>"Language=NOHTML" to the headers.  Would this, as a practical matter, solve
>the problem?

Well, as documented and with Ver 1.8d only, this will remove the HTML part of
multipart/alternative messages leaving only the Plain-Text part and thus the
banners are more likely to be visible in a solely plain-text message.  However,
HTML messages created by Eudora and sometimes by Netscape and Outlook (depending
on settings) do not have multiple alternative parts and LISTSERV must accept the
html msg since it is the only part.  If you have a discussion list this would
solve the problem.  If you are trying to publish an HTML (only) Newsletter then
this is clearly not a good idea.