Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 19:31:06 -0700
Bon Matin All,

BLUES-L is organizing its 2nd yearly convention that will be held during
the Pocono's Blues Fetival in Blakeslee, PA July 24th-27 th ...

So far the volunteers ahve managed to get Airfares discount, rooming
discount... A Bar-B-Q meeting followed by a jam... The Festival
organisation grciously lended us a room during the Festival duration...
Volunteers are putting up CD packages, nametags and different gifts. We
have about 40 list members (with a total headcount of about 80 people)
registered to this date ...

Brian McClean, one of the organizer along with 14 other volunteers,
suggested a souvenir T-Shirt ... So I tought to bother every other list
owners to know if other lists hold such "real life" meeting and if
L-Soft lends them any knid of help in oragnising those ?

I would like to have a message like:
BLUES-L Rules !
"Send: INFO BLUES-L
to: [log in to unmask] "
You'll know why!"

Or something like that ... So I wonder if L-Soft can help us go on with
that project... We may end up making 500 or more (it costs the smeting
as making 50 !) and continuee to sell the reminders throughout the year
with profits going to a charity, the Blues Foundation or even the Save
Maxwell Street Project in Chicago ...

The Convention has a website: http://www.panix.com/~bsco/convention

Any help, input is appreciated ... Note: BLUES-L is operated by
volunteers, there is no fee for the list ...

If L-Soft can donate the T-Shirts then I think we won't have a problem
having L-Soft logo and a note saying
"BLUES-L is running on LISTSERV(R) ...
"The list processor you deserve!"
(I know I'm very shitty at ad copy writing, but don't worry we do have
creative talent on the list ;-)

So any recommandation on T-Shirt companies, any offer to fork the cash
for up front, either as a sponsor or as a donation is welcome ...

And sorry for the non-tech content, but since so many L-Soft/LISTSERV
moitor the list I tought I could reach them more esasily via this list
... (So Francoise and Larry feel free to forward to your marketing dept
:-)

--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L co-owner