Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:46:52 -0500
Jan Guthrie wrote:
> The other "new" problem we have been having with AOL lately .........
> The list that I manage is a "dog list".   And with all the food recalls
> lately, multiple weblinks with info about the recall have been posted.
> AOL is "rejecting for content" certain messages.  We have no way to
> isolate which specific messages are being rejected.  It just shows up in
> the error summary each day. ...
> Is there anyway to isolate the rejected messages to see what AOL
> considers to be the problem?

What you might do is turn auto-delete off for a while so that you get the
complete error messages, rather than just the DEMR summary.  GET your
header and change the autodelete keyword value to No and then PUT it
back.  I would do this only for a few hours, when I was pretty sure of
catching one of the error messages, and would definitely put the list
header back to the way it was before "list midnight" (or whenever your
DEMR is cut).

Whether the actual AOL error messages are helpful will depend on what they
contain.  I've seen lots of "rejected for contenet" error message which
don't specify what was objectionable and 99% of the time contacting the
postmaster, or whomever, at the rejecting site gets no response.

Still, it is something you might try.

Douglas Winship   [log in to unmask]