"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 14:51:47 -0500
The Temple University computer center was apparently shut down for
maintenance/upgrading over part of the week end.  Maildelivery, however,
began to turn erratic Friday night and did not fully recover Monday.
In fact, messages still run from four to twenty-four hours late, and I
have been receiving responses to messages from other parts of the
country that have not yet even arrived in my mailbox.  In addition,
I usually get from 25 to 100 error messages a day, and in the past
five days there have been no more than five (I wouldn't complain
if the change in pace/pattern were not so abrupt).  I suspect that
there may be two independent problems involved.  Stan Horwitz
wrote that the mail delivery system had choked for some reason
over the week end but was supposed to be working again.  Assuming
that the problem at Temple has been rectified, has anyone else
experienced bottlenecks along the backbone?

Thanks,  Ingrid ([log in to unmask])