Anthea Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Jan 1993 22:40:17 EST
On Thu, 14 Jan 1993 20:37:28 -0600 Winship said:

>It seems  to me  there may  be a  number of  listowners who  became such
>before they  really understood how  their own systems worked,  much less
>how to manage RLP.

Yeah! And some  of us don't know  what RLP means? (what does  it mean, by
the way?)

>Perhaps we could have some online workshops for these, or have old hands
>with the same sort of system be mentor to an inexperienced new owner?

My hero! Oh yes, please, I want a mentor!

>There is an  obvious need for more practical, how  to do it, information
>getting  to new  list owners  or we  are going  to have  a very  serious
>problem.

I don't know who "we" is, but there is already a problem.

>If  you aren't  sure how  something works,  ask before  demanding a  new
>button to push to fix everything.

If I am not mistaken, it is not the new listowners who are asking for new
buttons! We don't even know enough to ask for buttons! However, if asking
whether a particular  button exists can be construed as  a demand that it
exist, then doubtless new listowners are guilty of it.

What I  don't understand is,  how do you find  out what is  there without
asking a question?

Peace, Anthea Tillyer ABTHC@CUNYVM City University of New York