Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 14:03:54 -0500
On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Eric Thomas wrote:

> >I continue to be amazed that the database search capability, especially,
> >hasn't been implemented on UNIX-based Listserv lists.
>
> And I continue to be amazed that, no matter how often I say that this has
> been  done, there  are still  people  complaining about  this and  making
> business cases to justify work we have already done.

        Hmmm...and I continue to be amazed at how many times I can put my
foot in my mouth :-).  Sorry, Eric, if I've missed your (many?) announcements
that UNIX now has this capability.  I was told not long ago by someone whom
I thought very knowledgeable on this topic that UNIX did *not* have this.
Are you saying that I can send a message to the UNIX Listserv software that
asks for messages about topic A sent between such and such dates by Jane Doe?
(Or, rather, that I can receive an ANSWER to such a message :-) )

        Joan Korenman

*    Joan Korenman                [log in to unmask]                         *
*    U. of Md. Baltimore County                                             *
*    Baltimore, MD 21250          http://www.umbc.edu/wmst/                 *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *