Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:22:11 -0500
At 08:20 AM 1/25/99 -0500, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Wildcards are supported, but don't default host-name, otherwise you might
>get unintended results.  Thus, you would probably want to use:
>
>* Filter= Also,arkan*@* [snip] *postmast*@*

Thanks much - using *'s as you suggest allows the filter lines to go thru,
while my arkan@ and such were rejected by config.

>When asking about overhead in filtering, don't forget to factor in the
>overhead (result) of NOT filtering.

Of course... which brings up the point that it might be nice to know what
strings the built-in filter searches on, so that the added ones aren't
redundant. But I guess we're only tuning up to microseconds, even for a few
hundred strings.  --  ed
----
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk ([log in to unmask])